Last year Emily was in a small singing group and one Saturday morning she had a performance at the local college for the Relay for Life. I'm glad she is learning to sing and dance but I love these pictures for other reasons.
I had asked her brothers to please come and watch her perform, I thought it was fair after she had been to many baseball games to watch them. The performance was at 9:00 in the morning, and Emily, Matt and I left the house by about 8:15. I was doubtful that the boys would actually get themselves up and over to the college in time to see her sing. I was so delighted that they showed up and made her feel so special.After the performance, they walked a few laps around the track. I just love the look in her face as she smiles up at her brothers. It was fun to see that Scott's friend, Dino, also joined in the walk.
I know this sounds crazy but I had then and still have now a feeling of sadness when they are walking away from me. They seem so content without me and I feel like I'm watching them through a window. It is a sweet picture.
3 comments:
Those are really really cute. Emily is in heaven. I've always loved 'watching' my kids from a distance. Not necessarily 'walking away'...but just observing from a distance. I feel a kind of warmth coupled with 'mother pangs' that are difficult to describe. I've been asking the clock to stop now for some twenty years. It's not happening. These photos were really sweet to see.
I agree, there is something about watching your kids from a distance. It's wonderful to see them on their own, but I think I also want to be the center of their universe and it's with a happy sadness that I see them go out on their own, blossoming without me. I love how Emily loves her siblings, what a great start to life they have given her.
I love watching my children. I often think as they are playing outside or giggling upstairs together, “This is their childhood!” It is a warm and wonderful thought sometimes. Not so much when they are fighting:)
Adorable pictures. What a lucky little girl. What lucky big brothers.
Post a Comment