My name is Thomas Rowan and it would be very exciting to be able to spend an evening with professional baseball players. Baseball is one of my favorite sports. I’ve always had questions for pro baseball players and I hope they will be answered.
Did you have a favorite team growing up? Who was it? My favorite team is the San Francisco Giants. I think it would be weird going to a team that you had hated growing up. Did you ever have that experience? I bet that would really stink.
Was baseball always your favorite sport? I know sometimes baseball isn’t my favorite. If baseball wasn’t always your favorite what was? Did you play any other sports like soccer or football? I bet you’d be pretty busy if you did.
The next week when I picked him up from school he was so excited to hand me an envelope that contained two tickets to the dinner. A dream come true.
Here are some pictures of Tom in his current soccer season. He plays on a competitive team that travels up and down the Valley. He loves every minute of practice and the games, he loves wearing jerseys, carrying a sports bag and drinking Gatorade. I love seeing him so happy.
I love the first three pictures, watch the ball and the boys faces. The next two picture are of his coach and assistant coach (son of the coach). I just have to laugh because of the earrings, they are the nicest people in the world and pretty good coaches too. We haven't lost a game yet. I love that he gets to be around such diversity and that he understands Spanish, at least all the soccer phrases. I love that his name becomes Toe-mas during the season. I love that he is healthy. I love that I get to be his mom.
4 comments:
Ya for Tomas! That is so exciting. Good for him!
Congratulations Toe-mas! I thought your essay was excellent. Have fun at your dinner!
That’s a great essay and really great questions. I think being truly interested in other people is an art form and Thomas mastered it. I hope his dinner is as great as his effort to get there.
Come visit and we’ll have a soccer match! My boys love to play too!
This is so cute! Good for him. We need to see him play sometime!
Post a Comment