Life is Good

Life is Good

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

What?

So Sunday night, knowing that I could sleep in on Monday I was settled into a deep, relaxing sleep. Emily had a little coughing fit and so I got up and checked on her and then just crashed on the couch. Sometime in the night when it was still very dark outside, our doorbell rang. I jumped off the couch so quickly I just about jumped out of my skin, my heart was racing and I was actually light-headed and dizzy. Like a fool I just opened the front door, it could totally have been a home invasion attack, but instead a police officer stood there. He asked, "Do you know what happened out here?" I thought maybe there had been a car accident or something. Instead he said, "You've been toilet-papered." Since when did I need to know that in the middle of the night? Could it not wait for self discovery in the morning? He walked me around the yard showing me all the items left in our driveway and on the the grass. Then he said, "Does a Scotty live here?" I was so light headed I actually had to consider the question. Then he showed me the whipped cream message....whoa....now that couldn't wait!!


By this time Matt had joined me, and the officer took down our personal information and asked us if we wanted to press charges. Seriously, this man does not have a teenager, especially a Mormon teenager. He kept referring to the "Costco job" of toilet papering we got. If only I knew his address, I'd show him what a real Costco job is.

The next morning, it took all of the boys, including Matt 30 feet up in the tree, 3 hours to clean everything up. In the end I hope Scotty considers his late night activities a little more carefully next weekend.

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Is it wrong to hope that my boys are never "hearted"?

This is a phenomenon I have never understood or enjoyed. How is giving anyone three hours of cleaning funny? Does Scott know who did it? Will he vow never to take her on a date?:)

Funny that they woke you up in the middle of the night.